Eli Stone series  » TV  »
  • It is these humorous aspects that make this series a real winner, and I found myself hooked from the first episode
  • I know that the series is a little out there, but it truly deserves award recognition and hopefully will be around for awhile

• by Manolo

I really enjoy this series because it is a well thought out manner of basing a show on the act of doing good deeds for others without seeking a reward. The lead actor playing Eli Stone is very capable of carrying a series. I can believe that he is genuinely a nice guy even if he is a lawyer.

A brain aneurism in Stone’s cranium is diagnosed as the reason for his ability to see the future. It is more complex

than that.

He actually has visions that appear so real and sometimes are accompanied by musical performances. It is these humorous aspects that make this series a real winner, and I found myself hooked from the first episode.

As he heads to Tibet with his father’s ashes, we are so determined to find out the hidden story behind this unusual request. The casting of the roles was well thought out for chemistry.

Eli Stone is a really likeable guy and capable of ...

• earning our compassion. His ex fiancee has the body of a goddess.

I remember her from various science fiction roles and she can beat me up any time. His boss, Mr.

Wethersby, was the lead in the movie Godspell and though is hair is now much shorter, his magnetic smile is still there. The others, such as his brother and fellow attorneys are all good people and truly help Eli Stone on his quest for goodness.

The only character that I despise

is that of the fat and overbearing secretary Pattie. I have never liked this actress and cannot fathom why she keeps getting parts as she always plays the same shrew.

The other novelty of this series is the cameo performance by singer George Michael. He and the other singers in Stone’s imagination help lighten the drama and gives the audience joy.

I know that the series is a little out there, but it truly deserves award recognition and hopefully will be around for awhile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102811525330230/k2311a1128/11.28.08