The Big Bang Theory show  » TV  »
1.5
  • Well, I do agree that the actors that play Sheldon and Leonard are very capable, but I just do not find myself laughing at their smug antics
  • Penny, the pretty neighbor has been in other sitcoms, but has never impressed me as having star potential
  • I did like the initial shows because the story lines were unique, but the writers have settled into a boring pattern of relying on these unknowns to carry the show

• by Manolo

I find this show irritating because it elevates educated nerds to a level of admiration that they do not deserve. A comedy about nerds is neither original nor enticing regardless of the deceptive title.

Nerds are called thusly because they do not fit into the society of attractive people.

The

fact that you insert the typical dumb blond into the mix is not going to save this atrocity.

The only way that a series of this genre would succeed is if the actors are so good, as in the movie Revenge of the Nerds, that we can laugh at their ...

• inabilities to handle everyday challenges.

Well, I do agree that the actors that play Sheldon and Leonard are very capable, but I just do not find myself laughing at their smug antics.

Penny, the pretty neighbor has been in other sitcoms, but has never impressed me as having star potential.

Casting unknowns is cheap and yet sometimes effective.

I did like the initial shows because the story lines were unique, but the writers have settled into a boring pattern of relying on these unknowns to carry the show.

It just is not happening and I do not see success for this series.

The Big Bang Theory show

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102811525310230/k2311a1128/11.28.08