Lantana  » Movies  »
1.0
  • Quite frankly, I fail to understand the movie, but I think that the reason is that I am a man with balls rather than a female harpy or a new age sensitive guy

• by Manolo

Lantana with Anthony LaPaglia, Geoffrey Rush, and Barbara Hershey. This film was supposed to be a murder mystery but turned out to be a social discussion on the crises facing married couples to make the relationship last. Quite frankly, I fail to understand the movie, but I think that the reason is that I am a man with balls rather than a female harpy or a new age

sensitive guy.

La Paglia is one angry cop. He hates his loveless life to the extent that it gives him chest pains.

So, of course, he turns to a recently divorced loser and still finds no joy in this arrangement. His wife is seeing a therapist, because she also is not happy.

She wants passion in her marriage. Barbara Hershey is a sad excuse ...

• for a psychologist as she cannot even fix her own marriage.

She speaks to a group of intellectuals and asks, Can we believe in Love? Feel safe in it? Trust is the vital thing. The movie is full of silly mishaps experienced by various couples.

It seemed strange to me that they live in a big city and yet these apparently different couples’ lives seem to

intermingle. So Hershey disappears and the story focuses on finding her or her killer if she is dead.

The crime investigation was used to extend the running time of this bomb of a movie. At the end of the movie our hero, LaPaglia, cries and we are supposed to feel sorry for him.

Rather, I feel sorry for anyone who paid money to see this stinker of a movie.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112811525300230/k2311a1128/11.28.08