Dracula: Dead and Loving It  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I think that the problem with this movie was that Nielson and Brooks are two comedy heavyweights that appeared to be fighting it out for the lead position in laughs

• by Manolo

Dracula: Dead and Loving It with Leslie Nielson, Mel Brooks, Steven Weber, Peter MacNicol, Harvey Korman, and Amy Yasbeck. Was this supposed to be one of those comedy spoof films or an honest attempt at another version of the Dracula film remakes? I am not sure.

Perhaps it was neither.

I think that the problem with this movie

was that Nielson and Brooks are two comedy heavyweights that appeared to be fighting it out for the lead position in laughs.

Well, the two battled each other into the ground and we the audience suffered for it.

I usually find Nielson funny when he does his satire films, but he stunk up the place in his role as Count Dracula.

Mel Brooks ...

• played the role of the heroic Van Helsing, vampire hunter.

Neither Nielson nor Brooks were funny.

If this was supposed to be just a regular Dracula remake then the casting of these two bozos was a disaster.

The remaining supporting cast were complementary horrible as they delivered their dead pan lines in idiotic British accents.

I do give kudos to Peter MacNicol

as the henchman, Renfield.

He was pretty funny and does well in those off beat cameo roles such as Ghostbusters and Ally McBeal.

Sticking in some busty women in nightgowns was a poor attempt to keep the audience’s attention.

The visual effects were well done, but I’m sorry to say that this movie should not be risen from the grave.

Let Dracula rest in peace.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It
    Azriel says :

Haha it was a funny movie indeed and ypur review is well justified. Even by readin the title of the movie… as i have already watched this movie I was already laughing and I am sure no matter how many times I watch this movie I will always enjoy it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112811525270230/k2311a1128/11.28.08