A Sound of Thunder  » Movies  »
  • This adaption of a Ray Bradbury science fiction thriller was very interesting and had me on the edge of my seat throughout
  • Though the actors could have been better cast, especially Burns with his slow motion cool attitude, I heartily recommend that you see this flick

• by Manolo

A Sound Of Thunder with Edward Burns and Ben Kingsley. This adaption of a Ray Bradbury science fiction thriller was very interesting and had me on the edge of my seat throughout. Consider this concept.

People who live in the future will have the ability to travel back in time to prehistoric times to hunt dinosaurs on safari. It seems that we

all are aware that if you change an aspect of the past then you will change the future accordingly.

Well, this movie has a different twist. A butterfly from prehistoric times returns to the future hidden in a time travelers suit and lays eggs that generate the creation of life forms that threaten to destroy the world.

We have all kinds of scary creatures - thorny living plants ...

• that attack like pythons, giant half lizard half mandrill faced vicious monsters, huge bats, and sea serpents. Through the art of animation the creatures appear lifelike and are scary indeed.

The sets are full of heavy vines that envelop the city in darkness. The suspense is drawn out by scary music.

As our heroes try to change back the situation they face one disaster after another.

As each dies we share their hope that resolution of the butterfly factor will eliminate their deaths.

I firmly believe in the plausibility of this occurrence and therefore the story was credible. I was not let down by the ending either and that happy ending was welcomed.

Though the actors could have been better cast, especially Burns with his slow motion cool attitude, I heartily recommend that you see this flick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112811525260230/k2311a1128/11.28.08