Movie Heavy  » Movies  »
  • You know right there that Victor is doomed to be alone for the rest of his life, but there is an interesting twist at the end of the film
  • In fact, I think that it forced me to actually enjoy this slow drama and see more than the beautiful Tyler in the movie

• by Manolo

Heavy with Liv Tyler, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Debbie Harry, and Shelly Winters. I must admit that I only watched this movie because it featured the beautiful, alluring Liv Tyler. Then I continued to watch it because I could not figure what it was about. It turns out the heavy does not refer to like he’s not heavy he’s my brother, but rather the heartache of being fat and adoring a thin woman.

This little bizarre story takes place at Pete and Dolly’s

truck stop pizzeria. Pete is long dead and Shelly Winters plays the momma figure Dolly. Liv Tyler is a new hire waitress and she continues to awe me with her beauty.

Heck, even when she cries, she is a goddess. Debbie Harry is a washed up lonely waitress who looks for love any where she can find it. The focal actor of the movie is fat newcomer Pruitt Taylor Vince, who plays Dolly’s son and pizza chef.

You have to feel for him as he looks at young Tyler with those puppy dog loving eyes and dreams of her. He actually sees her at times in a mirage like image that appears so real. He goes on a diet to try to win her over.

Thus, we have the title Heavy. There are some well thought out scenes in this slow moving movie. Liv takes a bunch of photos of the people in her life and shows the fat Victor.

He looks them all over and ...

• Movie Heavy
      steals the one of Liv’s smile and posts it on his refrigerator. Liv takes his picture and covers up her boyfriend’s side of the photo with that of Victor. She dreams of something and it gives us the notion that she will go for Victor.

In a scene in which they park by an airport, which I suppose is the local make-out spot, he caresses her cheek and leans in for the kiss but she freaks out. When she notices his hurt reaction, she says that

it’s okay and kisses him on the cheek. You know right there that Victor is doomed to be alone for the rest of his life, but there is an interesting twist at the end of the film.

Another series of scenes focusing on the face of Victor and Dolly’s pet dog is well played because I could read so much love and concern in that dog’s eyes. In fact, I think that it forced me to actually enjoy this slow drama and see more than the beautiful Tyler in the movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112811525250230/k2311a1128/11.28.08