Ocean Prince Fish Steaks in Lousiana Hot Sauce  » Food  »
  • The packaging is my biggest problem with these
  • Now the cardboard is recyclable and allows for all the nutritional information to be easily read I believe it can be include on the packaging without the extra packaging
  • I prefer the fact these are in hot sauce versus oil since it takes the fishy flavor and tones it down a bit
  • I noticed that there weren't the bones I'd experienced with other brands of sardines and the after taste was kept to a minimum

• by blondefreelancer

These fish steaks are pieces of fish (sardines) cut into chunks, covered in hot sauce and placed in a can. Each can is one serving. I recently discovered this brand of sardines while on a family shopping outing and constantly on the look out for easy snacks I had to try them.

The packaging

is my biggest problem with these. While the steel can they come in can be recycled it is placed in cardboard. Now the cardboard is recyclable and allows for all the nutritional information to be easily read I believe it can be include on the packaging without the extra packaging. (Packaging is a ...

• pet peeve since I am adamant about the environment.)

Now onto the fish steaks themselves which are the actual review. They are amazing as far as sardines go. I prefer the fact these are in hot sauce versus oil since it takes the fishy flavor and tones it down a bit. While they

won’t make a complete meal they are good for a quick snack and rather affordable at eighty-nine cents a can.

I noticed that there weren’t the bones I’d experienced with other brands of sardines and the after taste was kept to a minimum. Overall I’d give them 9 out of 10 for edibility and convenience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272811525220230/k2311a1128/11.28.08