Think Rich, Pinoy! by Larry Gamboa, PhD  » Books  »
  • I enjoyed going to the local bookstore often browsing and reading some books that is of interest to me
  • So definitely this is a finance book, but of what

• by calicot

I have read Robert Kiyowsaki’s best selling Rich Dad Poor Dad series of books and all of them are very educationbal and thought provoking. It gave new insights on how to earn and or getting rich through real estate. The only hitch I thought was that Mr. Kiyowsaki’s setting is in the United states, so I wondered if it would also be possible to replicate it elsewhere, here in the Philippines for example.

I enjoyed going to the local bookstore often browsing and reading some books that is of interest to me. Then I saw this book. Think Rich, Pinoy! by Larry Gamboa,

PhD. It intrigued me because the author holding a PhD title and yet it seemed like a finance book of sort. Could he be a doctor or any profession? business the least. Moreover, there is made mentioned of Mr. Bo Sanchez-a well known Christian youth evangelist here in the Philippines. So is this a spiritual book or like that Purpose driven one? When I speed read the book I saw computations and lots of it. It had computations of return of investment, downpayments, repairs and maintainance, rental fees. So definitely this is a finance book, but of what? When it caught my attention somewhere in the book I saw an illustration of a balance sheet similar to Mr. Kiyowsaki’s book. I saw the quadrants: employee, self employed, business, investor, just like in the RDPD book. It was mentioned the Cashflow 101 and 102 boardgame! Now I’m excited. Could this be what I’m looking for? So I spent about 2 hours speed reading the book jumping from one chapter to another. It’s as if a light bulb had been turned on as I eagerly try to digest the content of the book.

Having a limited cash at the time and low on budget, I disappointedly returned ...

• Think Rich, Pinoy! by Larry Gamboa, PhD
      the book to the shelf. But because of what I read, it’s Rich Dad Poor Dad Philippine setting. A guide to applying Mr. Kiyowsaki’s book here. I just got to buy the book at the soonest possible opportunity. But when I did bought the book eventually, that the more that I tried to absorb what the author, based on his experiences, those tips, pitfalls, adventure, ventures, partnerships, marketing techniques and of course computations profit included. Indeed this little book is a must read and can serve as a primer for anyone willing to try doing real estate investments here in the Philippines
      Robert Kiyowsaki style and Larry Gamboa executed. Now I’m saving up for capital I’ll use for my first real estate project based on the guidelines set by this book, that is if there will still be affordable and great feal properties still available.

By the way, when I first bought the book a year ago, it was priced at about $4.17 or 200 Phlippine pesos. It’s quite a great bargain really because the contents are as informative but more realistic than the RDPD book. But then again, Mr. Larry Gamboa’s success wouldn’t be much if it weren’t for Mr. Kiyowsaki’s secrets reavealed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172811525140130/k2311a1128/11.28.08