The Da Vinci Code  » Movies  »
  • I thought that this title would lead to more vast arrays of mystery, but this was not the case
  • The best that I can offer was that it was okay

• by Manolo

The Da Vinci Code with Tom Hanks, Ian McKellen, Alfred Molina, and Jean Reno. This movie appeared on the scene when everyone was promoting the concept of the Da Vinci Code in books, TV, and documentaries.

The star studded cast also appealed to my interest and so I rented this film with the hopes of seeing an Indiana Jones style movie.

With Tom Hanks as our hero,

I should have known better, but one can hope.

Hanks plays an historian inspired by a quest to learn more about a secret occult society that guarded the secrets of Mary Magdalene and her relationship with Jesus Christ.

The search for answers take on the form of a hunt throughout England and France to find Mary’s sarcophogus and the Holy Grail.

I thought that this title would lead ...

• to more vast arrays of mystery, but this was not the case.

Tom Hanks is a great actor but was sorely miscast in this film.

There is a good story flow with surprises but a little down key for my taste.

It took on the form more of a historic narration than a dramatic action packed mystery.

The music is very church like and this aided in putting me

to sleep at times.

The big dramatic scene occurs when Hanks turns to Sophie and deeply remarks that, You are the last known descendant of Jesus Christ and if this is never announced nor proved, would it be okay if it was found out that Christ was just a man who loved a woman? .

I expected so much more from the title.

The best that I can offer was that it was okay.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112711524540730/k2311a1127/11.27.08