Flesh and Bone
0.5
  • The title picked up my attention, but I guess it was just a trick to get me to watch a boring mundane movie
  • It did help me sleep well that night and that is the best critique I can make about this snorer

• by Manolo

Flesh and Bone with Dennis Quaid, Meg Ryan, James Caan, and Gwyneth Paltrow. The title picked up my attention, but I guess it was just a trick to get me to watch a boring mundane movie. I suppose it was meant to be flesh and blood as it was about a son’s propensity to grow up like his killer father.

It has a weird beginning that makes you want

to know how it will turn out. So I watched this boring film and found out the ending.

Too bad that it took so long. Quaid is now grown up and still remembers the night that his father forced him to abet in the crime of murdering an entire family.

He remembers hearing the baby crying in the background and she ends up being Meg Ryan. Ryan is ...

• miscast as a stripper and basic whore with a heart.

Paltrow is no better. She shows up as Caan’s girl friend and the age difference is ridiculous.

Neither actress in this film shows other than a drab performance. When Quaid sees Ryan’s family photo, he realizes who she is.

Being the stoic vending machine salesman cowboy that he is there is little show of emotion on his part. He

just decides to break up with her as a solution.

The twist ending did not affect me emotionally either as I just did not care. I looked for a deep message in this film but found none.

Slow is not better. Lack of music and a dreary landscape do not make it artistic.

It did help me sleep well that night and that is the best critique I can make about this snorer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112711524500730/k2311a1127/11.27.08