Interweave Knits, Holiday Gifts
  • The sweaters are not fast, and in my opinion, should be in the October issue

• by Rhonlynn

Christmas magazines are always fun to obtain. The projects are usually quick, and fun. Not always easy, but useful.

30 Knits to Give and Get, Fast and Easy Projects Knitspiration for the Holidays. Interweave Knits newest Christmas issue.

It was enjoyable reading up on cashmere and silk. I own both, and respect the yarn and the animal it came from.

Continuing through the pages, there’s a few quick projects. The Arrowhead arm warmers will be fun to try…it’s a bit late to put them into a Christmas issue though. These can, in no way, be made by Christmas. The necklets are unique, and can

be knitted up pretty quick. The sweater? if you’re super fast, maybe by January.

In the Home sweet home section, and the pillows are gorgeous. It’d take some knitters 6 months to try it. Some of us will convert it to a cross stitch pattern, and make it in about a month.

Fancy Work, that can be made pretty quick, and they are quality projects. Fingerless gloves, small pouches, a bay scarf. A baby sweater isn’t fast!

Family matters include a quick pair of slippers, which would be softer if they chose a non-itchy yarn. The sweaters are not fast, and ...

• in my opinion, should be in the October issue. Joyous to have socks to fit the entire family, and they are not quick, but doable. Cables are fun, but in a sock, well, one pair could be made.

Staff projects that are online. I have online access, my friends have online access. Does everyone have online access? These are cute projects. Love the cabled ornament and wire snowflake. Interweave couldn’t include the project in the issue? I will print them, and make them, the knitted hat and sock, cute. But why do I have to print them to gain access to the pattern

after I’ve already bought the magazine?

Gifts for knitters! That is a very fascinating article to read. And, alway the last page, Raveling. The magazine boasts that Luxe yarns are affordable, even on a budget. I’ve yet to see Lion’s Brand in Interweave knits. I still buy the magazine, knowing I’ll never make the sweaters. Cause it makes me want to grab my needles (Addi Turbos, ofcourse), and start knitting. Maybe that is why the magazine is published as it is.

I think I’ll get started on the slippers. Might make a nice thing to wear on my feet in December.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 462611524370630/k2311a1126/11.26.08