Hill’s Prescription I/D Canine Diet  » Pets  »
  • The cost of I/D is not sky rocketing, but it's a little more than Hill's Science Diet in the pet supply store
  • I believe Hill's Prescription Diet I/D helps my dog's condition

• by Rhonlynn

If dogs could talk, my miniature schnauzer would say, “You don’t give me anything else. When this is all I have, then I guess it’s good.”

My miniature schnauzer has casts and crystals in her urine. It is a painful condition, but can be controlled and even eliminated through diet. Our vet prescribed Hill’s Prescription I/D Canine Diet.

Hill’s Prescription I/D is a mixture of vitamins, enzymes, eggs, rice, turkey

and pork. It is firmly pureed. It is not strongly over seasoned, but one can smell the turkey when opening the can. It is not unpleasant but it might be a bit bland. It is only in one flavor.

Hill’s Prescription Diet line is very controlled. It is not obtainable through any website. The vet has to prescribe which dog food suits the purpose. We have also had good results with the ...

• Prescription diet for weight gain. My miniature schnauzer likes to eat. All Prescription Diet Canine is tailored to suit the needs of the animal.

I/D Canine is also available in the dry form. We keep the dog dish filled during the day with the dry variety. Sometimes my dog nibbles on the dry dog food. It has small enough bites that they can fit into their small mouths comfortably. It’s crunchy so

they something to chew.

The cost of I/D is not sky rocketing, but it’s a little more than Hill’s Science Diet in the pet supply store. A case of 12 cans costs 24.00. My dog eats 1/3rd to 1/2 can a day.

I believe Hill’s Prescription Diet I/D helps my dog’s condition. She is a happy dog, and she seems pleased to eat the dog food. Infact the dish is licked clean when she’s finished.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292611524220630/k2311a1126/11.26.08