Guitar Hero 4: Wii  » Games  »
  • First, I must say if you are into these music oriented games Guitar hero 4 would definitely be a welcome addition to your list
  • It doesn't seem to like to start when you just raise the guitar, this seems to be a Wii issue
  • However, due to the convenient star power button located on the guitar, this wasn't too much of a hassle
  • I think the song choice could have been better, they added some great hits, but all in all I think more could have been chosen

• by Optimizer

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

Activisions Guitar Hero 4! Purchased the day it came out last month! I personally was quite excited, as I fell in love with the guitar hero series. Now, I had high expectations for this game, what with competing with Rock Band and all, but I must say, I ended up being pretty satisfied over all. Firstly: The drums for this game are amazing. If you are a drummer, you will appreciate their realism. The guitar was made well, no connection issues, and the “wah” bar is quite fun.

First, I must

say if you are into these “music oriented games” Guitar hero 4 would definitely be a welcome addition to your list. That being said, there were a fair number of minor complaints I had. For instance:

I have always hated the online play for guitar hero, it’s just not set up right. For instance, the band vs. band doesn’t really work properly, and it only seems to work if each side has a COMPLETE full band. That means Guitar, Bass, Drums, Singer. I found that kind of unfortunate.

I also had ...

• some issues with the guitar registering star power. It doesn’t seem to like to start when you just raise the guitar, this seems to be a Wii issue. However, due to the convenient star power button located on the guitar, this wasn’t too much of a hassle.

The drums are great. No complaints at all. For those people out there complaining the cymbals don’t work sometimes, you’re wrong! It all has to do with timing, nothing wrong with the equipment!

The singing is pretty standard, no issues there. Bass; likewise.

OH! WII USERS!

BE HAPPY! WE HAVE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT NOW! YAYYYY!

Anyways, continuing:

I also love the music creator! You can create your own individualized songs all by yourself.

WARNING: This takes a long time >.< But it's worth it if you're into that sort of thing!

I think the song choice could have been better, they added some great hits, but all in all I think more could have been chosen. Alas, a great game all the same!

GO GET IT!

-Optimizer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282611524210630/k2311a1126/11.26.08