Dickson’s Country Pumpkin butter
  • The peanut butter aisle is where I found Dickson's Pumpkin butter

• by Rhonlynn

The smells of autumn food in November are equal to pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie, and other pleasing fragrances. Having no taste developed for apple butter, it has caused me to shy away from that aisle in the grocery store. When I had peanut butter on my list, there was no choice but to quickly walk down the peanut butter and jelly aisle.

The peanut butter aisle

is where I found Dickson’s Pumpkin butter. I had sampled pumpkin butter at a specialty cooking store in Kansas City, Missouri, where I live. It was a different brand. Only thinking it was available at the specialty store, I was pleased to find pumpkin butter, affordable, in the regular grocery store.

It’s deep orange color, and cinnamon scent is very pleasing to the senses. Pumpkin butter spread on ...

• an English muffin turns it into a pumpkin bread muffin. It spreads softly, and is pureed very fine, without having extra liquid at the top of the jar. It is bright orange, and fresh.

Besides it’s taste, it’d be an excellent and affordable gift basket with the other flavors of Dickinson’s fruit butters available. I have used it on English muffins, toast, French bread, Biscuits, and crackers that are

not meant for cheese and crackers. I imagine it can be topped on cream chees n a bagel, and that is what I’ll try next. Also, this would be good on carrot cake, or spice cake.

This is equal to the pricey pumpkin butter found in specialty cooking stores. It is 3.99 for the jar. This is one of my seasonal favorites,and hopefully it will be come one of yours.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272611524130630/k2311a1126/11.26.08