Credo Cell Phone Service Plan
  • I thought that was pretty good because most cell phones are expensive
  • But I think 2 years is pushing it because a person never knows what life will hold and if you will be able to afford it for the whole 2 years
  • Now, making international calls might not be an issue for most people, but it is for my husband whose family lives in Portugal

• by rtpinto

In my search for a cell phone and cell phone plan service, I came across a company called Credo which is associated with the Humane Society. They offer you 2 free cell phones if you sign up for their cell phone plan. I thought that was pretty good because most cell phones are expensive. Also, you don’t have to get a new cell phone number if you already have one. They will transfer your old number to the new cell phone as long as it isn’t already taken by another customer. I decided to give it a

try.

Most cell phone companies have a 1 year contract, or less to sign, but Credo makes you sign a 2 year contract. If you cancel before the 2 years are up, then you have to buy out your contract which can be pricey. The 2 year contract isn’t bad if you don’t plan on ever changing cell phone companies. But I think 2 years is pushing it because a person never knows what life will hold and if you will be able to afford it for the whole 2 years. Plus, if you don’t like the service,

you’re stuck for 2 years unless you buy out your contract.

Also, everything is extra on the service. What I mean by this, is there is a separate plan fee for text messaging, making international calls, receiving and sending pictures on the phone, and connecting to the web. You are not allowed to do any of these things (with the exception of text messaging) if you don’t purchase a separate monthly service plan. Most cell phone companies do charge extra fees for these services; however, they do include some minutes for free. For example text messaging. Also, an ...

• Credo Cell Phone Service Plan
      example would be being able to make international calls. Now, making international calls might not be an issue for most people, but it is for my husband whose family lives in Portugal. With Credo, you can’t make international calls on the cell phone unless you sign up for an additional plan service for $9.99 a month. I think that is pretty high price each month if you don’t make that many international calls. I think they should charge a fee when you make the calls instead of charging a monthly fee whether you make international calls or not.

On

an upside to using Credo, it is perfect if you just make local calls and never text message or connect to the web through your cell phone. Their customer service department is very helpful and answers any questions in a timely manner. Your bills always come on time and your payment is credited to your account in a timely manner. They do push you to donate to the Humane Society, but isn’t required to use their service.

For my family, this cell phone service is working great except for the international calls thing. I wish they would devise a different plan for that.

Don Wilson says :

I know nothing about this service but I only use cell phones for emergency. I am not interested in texting or cameras. I am a senior citizen and none of that interests me. I have been an A T T customer for years and have two cell phone at present. Between the two phones I may use 5 min. a month. I have over 5000 min. stored and I am paying about 65- 70 per month for the two phones. What do you suggest.

Marg says :

You shouldn’t be paying for two phones a month, if you barely use one. I would suggest terminating one of these phones, especially if you don’t have a contract. If you have the contract it’s likely to be more expensive to end it. Maybe you have a family member that’s willing to take the spare phone and make partial payments on the bill.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222611523750530/k2311a1126/11.26.08