Ladie and Son’s Savannah, GA  » Restaurants  »
102 West Congress Street, Savannah, Georgia
  • I like cheese but it was a little nauseating after a while
  • Service I found the service to be excellent
  • Pricing Pricing is fairly decent I think it came to 30 or so bucks for 3 people that included the drinks as well Overall If you really want to do some serious eating then don't look to Lady's and Son's for it

• by bfg9000d

This restaurant is owned by Paula Dean. The popularity of this restaurant comes from the fact that its own by Paula Dean. She is made famous be her TV show on the Food Network. Her restaurant food is southern Savannah style cooking.

Getting in the door

Typically you can wait two hours plus to a get table at ladies and sons. Whether or not the wait is worth that much is strongly dependent on the person and how much they really want to eat there. Are wait was approximately 3 hours. After waiting so long I was beginning to wonder why I was even eating here in the first place. I mean there are plenty of great restaurants in Savannah. I don’t have to wait 3 hours for. On some days if you don’t put your reservation in for a

table early in the morning you might not get a table for dinner.

Your name being called

When you finally get your table. The wait staff is extremely nice. We of course got Ice Tea. We walked up to the buffet. The buffet is very quaint don’t expect Las Vegas style buffet here.

Buffet

I don’t know if its me or what but there was cheese on just about everything. I like cheese but it was a little nauseating after a while. They served ham. chicken, mac and cheese and a few other southern dishes I couldn’t tell you what they where. But they had cheese on them as well. There was maybe like 6 items on the buffet total. Plus the waiter brought you a choice of dessert. We got some kind of bread raisin dessert.

Service

I found the service to be excellent. They kept are drinks ...

• full and ask us if we needed anything else.

Interior

Interior is mostly basic. Expect the food to be the main focus. The tables are a little on the small side and there are no booths. For such a so called popular restaurant its not much on atmosphere. Plus there is no place to sit when waiting for a table. Which I find exhausting standing for such a long period of time with no seats. Even the most basic of national chains have seating.

Paula Dean

Paula Dean needs to refocus on her restaurant and realize that her cooking show is one of the only things thats keeps her restaurant open. If this restaurant was owned by a no name. The for lease sign would have been up a long time ago. The food is generally ok. But nothing to really write home about. Actually what she makes on

TV looks much better. This is probably because its generally well scripted by real chefs.

Pricing

Overall

If you really want to do some serious eating then don’t look to Lady’s and Son’s for it. It’s mostly a very quaint eating establishment. A couple of big guys could wipe out the buffet in about 30 to 35 minutes. Plus the buffet at times is slow to get restock. Plus the icing on the cake is the food isn’t really all that great to begin with. So unless your absolutely crazy about Paula Dean. You will find much better restaurants around Savannah then Lady’s and Son’s. Actually Aunt B’s in Kings Bay Georgia is a few miles down the road and the food is leaps and bounds better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72511523661230/k2311a1125/11.25.08