DiBruno Bros. Cafe and Food Shop  » Shopping  »
1730 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia PA 19103
  • I love the Spanish cheese and meat (salami)
  • I personally recommend this place if you crave for international culinary dishes that may be steeply priced (for some items) but are still cheaper than eating in an international restaurant

• by ag_abscruzmd

DiBruno Bros. is a food shop that carries great culinary items from different countries.

There are several branches but the one I go to is that one in Center City, Philadelphia.

DiBruno Bros.

has an upstairs cafe which is cafeteria style, and I totally love the variety of pizza (particularly the goat cheese pizza) that you can choose from! The cooked meals

upstairs are good-tasting and are not so expensive.

Downstairs, you can buy ready-to-eat meals that you can also bring upstairs to eat.

The prices of the cooked meals downstairs are relatively steep, but they are worth the price! I would suggest the sirloin steak tips, the meatloaf, the grape leaves, and the salads.

You can buy these by the pound.

...

• I would not suggest the cakes, as they are just mediocre and not so moist, particularly the chocolate mousse.

You can also find a variety of fine cheeses and meats from all over the world.

I love the Spanish cheese and meat (salami).

I also buy my condiments, pasta and cooked sauces there.

Try the cooked Italian Bolognese sauce and the

meatballs.

They go so well with the Baronia spaghettini pasta which the shop also carries.

There are many people who frequent the place, the service is okay, and the food’s really great! I personally recommend this place if you crave for international culinary dishes that may be steeply priced (for some items) but are still cheaper than eating in an international restaurant.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 242511523511230/k2311a1125/11.25.08