WestWood Riverside Garden Resort (Munnar)  » Hotels  »
Munnar (Kerala, India)
  • Another interesting things about the hotel is you will not see any fans in the room
  • I prefer not to use those things because all item prices are much more than what is there in the Munnar market
  • If you are planning to go out traveling is not that good, you will have to rent one car and that is the best option
  • There are many hotels and resorts are present but still I like this one very much

• by paresh

I have been to Kerala for my honeymoon, Munnar was our very first place we visited and stayed there for 2 days. Very beautiful place, Munnar is actually a hill station. We were staying in a resort known as West Wood Riverside Garden Resort. You already got an idea why it is called Riverside? Correct, river flows very nearer to it. So now you can imagine how beautiful that place would be.

This was my first hotel/resort of this type.. nearer to river. I Love that place very much. Silence, only silence and you can hear the sounds of birds and nothing else.

Let me go through the resort details. My wife also liked this place very much. It is a hill station so temperature is low every day, anytime you go. Cloudy- when you go there in the winter and rainy season. We were there in summer but still atmosphere was really good, we didn’t fill hot there.

Hotel Let me

give you the detail about the hotel. Can you again guess why wood word is present in the name of the resort? Yes, All interior of the hotel is made up of wood. Everything and anything you see inside including staircase, flooring and also sealing of each room is made up of wood. Another interesting things about the hotel is you will not see any fans in the room. Either you can get A/C or without A/C.

A/C is not at all required you will fell cold even if you will plan to stay in the room without fan.

It is having different types of room categories; yes tariff again different for each rooms. Available rooms are - Executive, Deluxe Riverview, Deluxe, Standard rooms & also Presidential Suite is also available. Each room is having full time service with TV, & refrigerator. In the refrigerator you will find chocolates, cold drinks and water bottles. Note that all these things are not ...

• free you have to pay extra if you are going to use it. I prefer not to use those things because all item prices are much more than what is there in the Munnar market. One big multipurpose shop is very near to it, you can go by walk and purchase anything you like.

If you are planning to go out traveling is not that good, you will have to rent one car and that is the best option.

My favorite place in that resort is “river side restaurant”. Very beautiful place; go there and have your breakfast seating on the bank of river, very good and beautiful experience. We had breakfast there in the hotel only on both days and one day we had dinner. Breakfast was good- quality and also you will get different variety of food in the breakfast because not only Indian but also many foreigners visit that place. The dinner was very romantic, candle light dinner.. in the

red carpet room. You can take dinner on the river side also we had it in the room because it was very cold outside of the room and we didn’t have hot cloths. I prefer you all to take jacket with you. It will help you.

If you want to know about the Tariff or any package you will get all updated details on the website (http://westwoodmunnar.com).

Many good places are there nearer to the hotel. There are many hotels and resorts are present but still I like this one very much. We had a very beautiful experience. Again resort is very nearer to the main city, if you want you can have walk in the city and come back again walking.

Munnar is a nice place; When We went there, some construction work was going on so from outside, the resort was not looking that much impressive but when we entered in it my god; very beautiful entrance; and decorative interior.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22511523361230/k2311a1125/11.25.08