Gmail .com  » Web sites  »
  • Yes, yours very first question for me after reading the above sentence will be, what is the reason I like or think about the Gmail first
  • Gmail Provides plenty good features and I think all are essential to everyone
  • I agree that initially when we sign-in it takes some time to open our inbox but - Google is very smart, for those having less internet speed can choose HTML View
  • If you are experiencing some problem loading page, if pages are taking time to load, you can switch back to older version any time you want by just clicking Old Version link which you will find it on the right top corner of the inbox
  • All amazing and very useful features available, another one is Mail Forwarding - you can forward the same mail to any other person doing just simple setting

• by paresh

E-Mail, E-Mail and E-Mail… Now days no one would like to use paper and pen to send messages. Everyone is talking about Electronic Mail (e-mail). So when anyone talks about e-mail in front of you, I would like you to ask one quick question - which is the free e-mail service comes in your mind? I know; in most of the mind only one - GMAIL (Google Mail Service). I am one of them, using Gmail Service.

Yes, yours very first question for me after reading the above sentence will be, what is the reason I like or think about the Gmail first? There are many reasons for these.

Anyone select the E-mail account considering some factors; those factors may be Performance/Speed, Features, Design & Color, Easiness, Friendliness and one more important things is security. As per my knowledge Gmail having all the mentioned characteristic & these are the reason I like Gmail very much.

Gmail Provides plenty good features and I think all are essential to everyone. Let me give you my experience & opinion about all features I like and use everyday.

Recently Gmail has made one change - Themes. They have added around 30

themes to gmail accounts. When they were in a progress of upgrading the Gmail for all users, one of my account didn’t get that tab to change theme so I was thinking that, may be they have not changed my account because I am having multiple accounts but when I come back and was checking my mails today morning; themes were added to it. All themes were very nice and unique. Out of all themes I liked the ” Bus Stop” Theme very much.

Speed & Performance: Gmail is one of the fastest and having a very good performance. I agree that initially when we sign-in it takes some time to open our inbox but - Google is very smart, for those having less internet speed can choose “HTML View”; it does not include graphics so loading and all other operations are fast. Many times I have to use it because my datacard internet speed is not that fast.

In-build chat application is very popular among all. You can chat while reading mails.. so you don’t have to install chat application separately.

Labels - this is very useful feature provided by gmail. I label my each ...

• and every mail so if I want to search anything in future, it will be very easy for me. You just need to locate correct label and here one click to it gets you the mail you are searching for. Don’t confuse this label with folders. Folders are totally different which you can see in Yahoo mail. It actually used to stores your data and your mails also.

You can invite your friends to join Gmail by sending invitation from your Gmail Account.

Search mail, Search web, options are also present in your inbox. If you are experiencing some problem loading page, if pages are taking time to load, you can switch back to older version any time you want by just clicking ” Old Version” link which you will find it on the right top corner of the inbox.

On the left Top corner of the inbox, you will see many links like Orkut, Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Photos. All thins links - links you to all different applications of Google.

Under ” Settings” link, you will find many more things. One of my favorite here is ” Accounts Settings” there you can use POP3 Downloads and Send

mail as features. If you have multiple accounts and it is very difficult for you to check all - better to use this feature. If you use these two features, you don’t have to check every inbox but using the one inbox you can check all mails from all inboxes using POP3 download and again if you want to send mail using your other email id, you can do it again using the single inbox. All amazing and very useful features available, another one is ” Mail Forwarding” - you can forward the same mail to any other person doing just simple setting. It is so simple to use.

Labs link having many other extra features - Keyboard Shorts, games, navigate using mouse click and many more things are present.

One more things, I have observed that - in other mail services you have to continuously refresh the page to get the latest mails in your Inbox but here in Gmail, you don’t have to do anything and it refreshes the page after few seconds.

If you are still not having Gmail account, open it - you will like its new look and also its features.

Thanks for reading!!

Gmail .com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 202511523051130/k2311a1125/11.25.08