Acer Aspire 6930  » Laptops  »
  • I bought an Acer Aspire 6930 about three months ago while in NYC, because I left my other laptop with my daughter (Acer Aspire 5920G)
  • I never had a problem connecting up anywhere I went
  • The resolution is amazing and you can view the screen from all angles clearly and the color is wonderful
  • I would recommend it, not only for it's great price and features (RAM and graphics card) but also because of it's simplicity

• by kohel

I have owned three Acers for over four years. I bought an Acer Aspire 6930 about three months ago while in NYC, because I left my other laptop with my daughter (Acer Aspire 5920G).

This Acer (6930) was VERY resonably priced ($600 at Staples) and had 3 GB RAM as compared to my other Acer which was more expensive which had only 2

GB RAM.

I liked the added RAM, and the WiFi was very powerful as I travelled throughout the city. I never had a problem connecting up anywhere I went.

That it is loaded with VISTA as most computers are now-a-days, is the only annoying feature, because VISTA is still an endless headache.

But the Acer hasn’t let me down. The screen is a fantastic ...

• 16″. The resolution is amazing and you can view the screen from all angles clearly and the color is wonderful.

The USB’s are easily accesible and there is a led lit touch screen strip on the keyboard for music player/DVD features. This not only looks nice, but is a great quick way to access the sound control and forward, back, pause and stop

features

The cons: The battery life is average.

The built in speakers are not very powerful, though the sound quality is great.

Overall a wonderful laptop and is very simple to use. I would recommend it, not only for it’s great price and features (RAM and graphics card) but also because of it’s simplicity…a great first laptop and economical for all it’s great high-end features.

Jean-Marie Vatinelle says :

i have a compax and just brought a Aspire 6930. my printer is HP PSC 950. How do i get Aspire to see the scaner it keep asking for a driver i tryed HP driver down load but can not find anything related to aspire. Thank you for your time help.

Jules Li says :

The driver that you have to install is based on which Operating system you have installed, it has nothing to do with the brand of your computer. I don’t know which website you’re using to download the driver, but you should use HP.com. Go under the support and drivers section. Search for the printer model here. You’ll then be able to access the drivers for all Operating systems.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632411522300530/k2311a1124/11.24.08