Dairy Queen restaurant Lexington, KY  » Restaurants  »
1.0
2300 Palumbo Dr., Lexington, KY 40509-1011
  • Late this afternoon just another bad experience at Dairy Queen
  • Not to say there aren't a couple really nice, friendly folks that work there for the most part this place, in my opinion, is unreliable
  • I don't completely recall but I think she may have told another worker to finish it
  • So I was pretty annoyed upon leaving the convenient location not a far walk from my place

• by thetrueguru

Late this afternoon just another bad experience at Dairy Queen. Having relocated to Lexington, KY I walked into this very Dairy Queen in late January this year only to have the first of several not good experiences. Not to say there aren’t a couple really nice, friendly folks that work there for the most part this place, in my opinion, is unreliable.

For example today this young girl took my order of 1 chicken wrap, 1 med iced tea and 2 medium sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards. She got the order and quit halfway from fixing the 1st blizzard and left the cup of ice cream sitting there.

I don’t completely recall but I think she

may have told another worker to finish it. Anyways I waited as I watched this other worker fix 2 ice-cream floats, however after she got done with them she didn’t look on the screen to see if another order had come up.

I’d been waiting several minutes so I had to approach the counter again asking about my 2 blizzards I ordered. So then the same woman took this cup of ice-cream that had been sitting there for quite some time now, with a fly buzzing around it, and made the first blizzard.

While she made the 2nd blizzard I kept looking at the one blizzard with an eye of concern thinking about the fly buzzing around and ...

• looking at the melty, drippiness of the metal milkshake shaker. I wasn’t going to say anything but then I couldn’t help it I told her the ice-cream had been sitting there and the fly was buzzing around.

So she said that she’d just made it but when I protested more she gave the job over to this other girl. And the girl looked at the area and exclaimed how messy the shaker was.

She kind of shook the melted ice-cream off not bothering to rinse it and fixed the 2nd blizzard. Meanwhile the chicken wrap had long gotten cold sitting in a sack in my purse.

And chicken can go bad pretty fast. So I

was pretty annoyed upon leaving the convenient location not a far walk from my place.

Again I vowed not to return to this Dairy Queen that, to me, is ran for the most part by a bunch of none-caring, lazy, not so bright and especially very slow and inefficient crew not to mention I never ordered a root beer float there again after having ordered the nastiest tasting root beer float I ever had due to the root beer having no fizz. Tonight I ate not half of my blizzard which was barely mixed-up.

From the overall looks of the place and the workers I personally don’t trust this particular Dairy Queen restaurant. Therefore I wanted to let all you know.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72311521690830/k2311a1123/11.23.08