2010 FIFA World Cup  » Sport  »
  • It will be a great experience for me when the next World Cup in 2010 comes to the hungry shores of South Africa and I certainly cannot wait
  • I was happy with the progress that Carlos Alberto Parreira was making with the team, but he has since left and this has caused some disruption
  • I think this will be a great world cup as the gap between the powerhouses of world football and the lesser teams is slowly closing and it will be really interesting to see how the African and Asian nations do as their football is rapidly improving in terms of tactics and the all important objective of football, scoring goals

• by Jayscribe

The greatest single spectacle in the world, otherwise commonly known as the FIFA World Cup, is a very big part of my life, as a serious soccer fanatic and my life just comes to a halt every four years as everything about me is centered around the World Cup.

It will be a great experience for me when the next World Cup in 2010 comes to the hungry shores of South Africa and I certainly cannot wait. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to go to a few of the games

and see all the stars live.

As for the readiness of South Africa to host this football showpiece, I do honestly believe we are ready, in terms of infrastructure as well as the stadiums. I do however, have a concern about the public transport in this country as I really feel it is rather lousy, especially the train service.

I am also concerned about the South African national team, which has dropped considerably on the FIFA rankings from 16th place in 1996 to 80th as per latest rankings. The team is in ...

• a rebuilding phase and I do not know if there is enough time to get them to the level they are supposed to be at ahead of the World Cup, or even the Confederations Cup. I was happy with the progress that Carlos Alberto Parreira was making with the team, but he has since left and this has caused some disruption.

interesting to see how the African and Asian nations do as their football is rapidly improving in terms of tactics and the all important objective of football, scoring goals.

Another thing that makes me feel that the 2010 World Cup will be a great one is the fact that ever developing players, such as the likes of Christiano Ronaldo and Robinho, will be in their prime by then.

I really cannot wait for this footballing spectacle and the anticipation in me as we edge closer to that time is eating away at me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352211521140430/k2311a1122/11.22.08