Quaker Cinnamon Life  » Food  »
  • I bought Quaker Cinnamon Life while out shopping with my daughter because it was on sale for $1.99/box
  • Although I liked the flavor, I have to say I was disappointed with the lasting quality of the cereal in milk
  • I like a cereal that fights back in my mouth - not so much that it causes my gums to bleed, but neither do I want it to dissolve in acquiescence, either

• by chatombreux

I bought Quaker Cinnamon Life while out shopping with my daughter because it was on sale for $1.99/box. I had planned to find Kellogg’s Crispix, but couldn’t pass up the price on the Life. Cereal takes a big chunk of the budget these days.

Well, I had my first bowl this morning. Although I liked the flavor, I have to say I was disappointed with the “lasting” quality

of the cereal in milk. It went “mooshy” on me. It was also a grainier texture than the Crispix had been, but that may be mainly because it is a different grain than Crispix. Crispix is rice and corn and Life is oats.

I will finish the box, but may hesitate to buy more, even at the low price they are at for the week. I like ...

• a cereal that fights back in my mouth - not so much that it causes my gums to bleed, but neither do I want it to dissolve in acquiescence, either. I like having a little work to do in the chewing process.

Regardless of my penchant for texture in my cold cereal, though, the taste of Life is pleasant, very lightly cinnamon-y (emphasis on very), and full of whole grain

oats which are a benefit to the dietary tract as well as cholesterol.

I would have to say to not be afraid to try this cereal. It may not hold up in milk, but it isn’t for the birds either (which is where the cereals we simply won’t eat go). If you can find it at such a good price, go ahead and buy it. It’s still worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272211520910430/k2311a1122/11.22.08