Movie Duma  » Movies  »
  • I suppose that the movie was a clone of the famous Lion adventure Born Free, but I still enjoyed it anyway

• by Manolo

Duma with Alexander Michaletos. This movie was made for kids, but I watched it anyway because I usually enjoy animal movies. I suppose that the movie was a clone of the famous Lion adventure Born Free, but I still enjoyed it anyway.

The movie takes place in Africa. A father and son find a cub Leopard and bring it home to raise.

This family of farmers appear to have everything to enjoy life such as

a Porsche, a motorcycle, and a swimming pool. Duma grows up quickly in this domesticated environment and then the father breaks the news to his son that it was time to bring Duma back to the wilderness.

It is in his blood. That night Duma looks into the eyes of the father and we can see its understanding of impending doom.

The father is to die that night from a longstanding disease. We can then see how this adventure ...

• will unfold.

The boy takes Duma back to his birth place in a motorcycle side car. As they pass through a lot of beautiful landscape we wonder where are the people.

They meet up with a black hiker who is returning home after failing to find a better life for his family. They are challenged with hunger and the boy unsuccessfully tries to get Duma to kill an Ostrich for food.

Right then, we are hit with the notion

that this domesticated Leopard will not survive in the wild. The movie adventure is full of various emotion raising scenes such as betrayal, rafting down the rapids over a waterfall and the confrontation with dangerous beasts such as crocs and snakes.

The wild life shots are well highlighted, but it reminds me why I turned down an opportunity to live in Africa. It is one scary and uncomfortable place to live in.

So, though this movie is no master piece, it will hold your attention.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112211520860430/k2311a1122/11.22.08