Valentine movie  » Movies  »
  • I thought that I was wrong in my suspicion, but it turned out that I was right

• by Manolo

Valentine with David Boreanaz and Denise Richards. This horror clone of Friday the 13th is an entertaining flick, but since it has been preceded by many similar works of the same pattern it loses its attraction. Generate an unknown masked killer with a grudge.

Insert a bunch of hot babes for him to chase and you have a movie. In this story

the supposed killer is Jeremy Melton who was falsely accused of sexual assault at a valentine day party in Junior High School.

He was sent away to reform school and later ended up in a mental institute. Ten years later he shows up in a mask of cupid on Valentine’s day with revenge in his heart and an altered face to mask his identity.

I do like that there was plenty of action and dead bodies everywhere. Also I appreciate that the manners of murder were varied as to increase the fear factor.

The music was suspenseful and that always help. One difference in this movie that had me wondering the significance was that his nose always bled when the killer got excited during each murder.

Why did his nose bleed and will ...

• Valentine movie
      we ever know?

One bad aspect of the movie is that I did not like any of the victims as they were scum bag people. So, I did not find myself sad or caring when they died.

This is a major flaw in the film. Also there was no nudity and therefore the inclusion of hot babes has minor impact.

There was a

good misdirect at the end of the movie as to the identity of Cupid, but I kind of suspected the unmasking. I thought that I was wrong in my suspicion, but it turned out that I was right.

So this movie is just another horror chase film and good material for those satire films that seem to be popping up. At least it was not a Halloween film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112211520820430/k2311a1122/11.22.08