Yesterday’s News cat litter
  • I highly recommend this litter product to anyone who has cats

• by chatombreux

Yesterday’s News is the ultimate in recycling. Recycled newspapers are reformed into tiny super-absorbent pellets for use in your cat’s litter box. For shape and absorbency, their only competitor is Feline Pine, which re-uses pine shavings and saw dust. However, Yesterday’s News doesn’t have its own fragrance like the pine pellets do. And, they are remarkably odor controlling.

I have

one cat, an elderly 22-yr old, who has the most pungent urine of any cat I’ve ever owned. Yet, her tray is in my mother’s dining room and isn’t even noticeable after being outside and coming back in. My other cat’s tray is in my bedroom and, again, barely noticeable. But, if I use clay litter with either one of ...

• them, two uses is all it takes to know there’s a litter box nearby!

The thing I really like about Yesterday’s News is how absorbent they are. When it’s time to change the litter, all I have to do is pour the tray into a trash bag and I’m ready to go. No “mud” at the bottom at all!!! Maybe a

little Lysol or some other deodorant to freshen it a bit, but it all comes out clean.

I highly recommend this litter product to anyone who has cats. It takes some getting used to for both you and your cat since it isn’t the normal “dirt” consistency, but it works fantastically.

They also have a scoopable version, if that’s what you prefer.

Yesterday's News cat litter

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292211520720330/k2311a1122/11.22.08