Smart Balance Omega Peanut Butter  » Food  »
  • I love shopping at dollar stores (and almost a dollar stores) to see what I can find

• by chatombreux

I am an avid bargain hunter. I love shopping at dollar stores (and almost a dollar stores) to see what I can find. I also love chunky or crunchy peanut butter. I’ll eat it on buttered toast for breakfast or have the occasional PBJ sandwich. I even recently bought some marshmallow fluff so I can have a “fluffernutter” once in a while.

Well, one day while I was in one of my favorite dollar grocers, I

was checking out the cereal, jelly and canned fruit aisle and came across this large jar of Smart Balance chunky natural peanut butter. Not only that, but it was chock full of Omega-3 (1000mg). I checked the price and HAD to buy it. $1.99!!! Far less than a smaller jar at a regular supermarket, plus it was full of the Omega-3 that my doctor told me I needed to help reduce my trigycerides.

The first thing you need to know is that the oil separates in this. I didn’t realize that and proceeded to immediately spill some the first time I used it. Obviously, I don’t buy natural peanut butter often (not ever). The second thing is that if you’re used to Jif or Skippy or whosever popular brands of peanut butter, the taste of this is noticeably different. It took me a while to figure it out, but ...

• Smart Balance Omega Peanut Butter
      it’s not as sweet. Those other peanut butters are FULL of sugar! I was surprised to learn that. Now, this does have a touch of molasses, but it’s the last ingredient, meaning it’s the least item in volume.

It took me a bit to get used to the taste, but I have found that I really enjoy it. And, if you do like chunky peanut butter, let me tell you, this is the chunkiest

I have had!

So, if you do find this and you’re into Omega-3s or flaxseed (which is what they use in this), Smart Balance might just be het brand for you. Maybe, if you’re lucky, you’ll even find it at a truly bargain price like I did.

By the way, the Smart Balance website has printable coupons and rebate offers for this and other of their products. A good deal, no matter how you look at it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272211520600230/k2311a1122/11.22.08