The Ysabel Kid, by JT. Edson  » Books  »
  • Edson is one of the Floating Outfit books that I like
  • I learned that he is based on Audie Murphy, I found that very interesting
  • In Brownsville Dusty and Lon meet with Tom Alden who sells rifles, they agree to help him take the guns to Juarez
  • One of the best scenes in my opinion is when the Ysabel Kid meets up with one of his Father's killer
  • I feel like I know these characters well and we are on a first name basis

• by LP Jardine

The Ysabel Kid, written by JT. Edson is one of the Floating Outfit books that I like. This book is a western.

In this volume, Dusty Fog must go down into Mexico to convince Bushrod Sheldon to come back to Texas so the US can aid Juarez.

Dusty is my favorite character. I learned that he is based on Audie Murphy, I found that very interesting.

On the way into Mexico, he meets the Ysabel Kid. Loncey Dalton Ysabel, also known as the Ysabel Kid. His father has been killed and he has sworn revenge. Lon decides to try and help Dusty believing Dusty will help him find the killers.

In Brownsville Dusty and Lon meet with Tom Alden who sells rifles, they agree to help him take the guns to ...

• Juarez.

Once in Mexico, the action really picks up. Dusty and Lon meet Mark Counter who also agrees to help.

One of the best scenes in my opinion is when the Ysabel Kid meets up with one of his Father’s killer. I won’t give away what happens but it is quite interesting.

Dusty manages in exciting fashion to complete his mission and convinces the General to return

to Texas. Returning to Texas with Lon and Mark now deciding to join up with Dusty permanently, thus telling us how the Floating Outfit gets started. There are several other JT. Edson books I like as well. But, it was nice to see how Dusty, Mark and Lon met. I feel like I know these characters well and we are on a first name basis.

Carla says :

Can you please tell me what the Ysabel kids knives were called?Thanks for your time Carla

michael harris says :

it was a james black bowie knife

LP Jardine replies :

His knives are replica bowie knives with ivory handles and they are 11 inches long.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172211520401230/k2311a1122/11.22.08