Working as a copywriter  » Job  »
  • This was the perfect way for me to make money as I chose my own working hours and I really love a writing challenge
  • This was quite fun for me as I love writing and it was a good challenge which I think I took on quite well
  • I really gained a lot out of copywriting and would definitely love to do it again sometime in the near future

• by Jayscribe

During my first year in university, as a way to make extra money I took up a job as a freelance copywriter.

This was the perfect way for me to make money as I chose my own working hours and I really love a writing challenge. The rate for each article wasn’t all that bad either as I got $1.50 for each 500 word article I wrote.

The article writing in itself was rather challenging as

I was required to write material that would function to increase the search engine ratings of certain websites and the challenge lay in the fact that I was given key phrases which I had to integrate into every five line paragraph, without it seeming as if that was the intended purpose. The flow had to be natural and the integrated key phrase was not to seem as if it was forced into the paragraph.

This ...

• was quite fun for me as I love writing and it was a good challenge which I think I took on quite well. There were some rather unfamiliar key phrases given to me though, and some rather bizarre ones, but it was all about adaptability and creativity while maintaining the essence of the bigger purpose, and making it all seem natural.

I benefited a lot out of doing this job as my vocabulary increased tremendously

and my typing speed also got a boost. I also had to do a lot of research in the process and this opened up a world of opportunity for me as I came across a whole lot of information that I could really use to my own benefit, while getting paid at the same time.

I really gained a lot out of copywriting and would definitely love to do it again sometime in the near future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 62211520331230/k2311a1122/11.22.08