Tamia live stage performance
  • It was a great performance for me, and in an attempt to highlight how highly I rate Tamia's live stage performance, I think this is one of the best live performers of this day and age

• by Jayscribe

Since my all time favorite female vocal artist in the soft rhythm and blues genre is Tamia, there was no way possible that I would miss the opportunity to see her perform live on stage when she came to South Africa.

I was so taken away by her performance when she came the first time around, in 2004, that I went to see her again when she came earlier this year.

I really felt as if the person I was watching perform is a professional and seasoned veteran in her field of trade, but the fact that

it was all entertainment was clearly maintained as I was really entertained to the maximum. When I went home after the performance, I felt as if I had achieved some sort of a milestone, so powerful is Tamia’s stage performance.

Before the first performance, I couldn’t help but to wonder how Tamia would express herself in terms of dance moves as I had never seen her really dancing in her videos to her songs in the past, as dictated by the nature of her music. I had visuals of artists such as the likes of Ciara ...

• and Beyonce, who really rock the stage with their dance moves to complement their music, but as soon a Tamia started singing, I was quickly reminded that I grade her suitably, among those artists who were born with a God given talent to sing. I got goose bumps all over my skin when she delivered her powerful words straight to my soul and I felt as if it was a real shame that she will never really know just how much I appreciate her music.

It was a great performance for me, and in an attempt

to highlight how highly I rate Tamia’s live stage performance, I think this is one of the best live performers of this day and age.

I particularly loved the fact that she involved us, the loyal supporters, by asking us which songs we would really love to hear her singing the most. For me, it was the likes of “So Into You” and “Who Do You Tell” from the self titled first album and it really just put the cherry on top for me when I discovered that these songs were originally planned for her regular performance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592211520171230/k2311a1122/11.22.08