Ster-Kinekor Cinema drive-in  » Entertainment  »
Menlyn Mall, Atterbury, Menlyn Park, Pretoria, Gauteng Province South Africa.
  • This has got to be one of my favorite hangouts of all time and I like to visit the drive in regularly, especially with a girl I am taking on a date
  • I love the whole drive-in concept, where we drive in with our vehicle and are given an AM frequency to match the sound that goes with the ridiculously big theatre screen, on which we watch a movie
  • The fact that I enjoy a night out at this drive in, which is the only one that I know of in the country, even on my own, is a plus for me as I am not really someone who is into large crowds and parties
  • I also like the fact that on Sundays they tend to make the prices even cheaper which means I can enjoy a movie anytime and I find it convenient that the surrounding refreshment shops are open till very late

• by Jayscribe

This has got to be one of my favorite hangouts of all time and I like to visit the drive in regularly, especially with a girl I am taking on a date.

Situated on a mountain top, at Menlyn Mall in Atterbury, the Ster-Kinekor drive in is ideal for me in that it is not far from where I live, it’s cheap and very entertaining.

I love the whole drive-in concept, where

we drive in with our vehicle and are given an AM frequency to match the sound that goes with the ridiculously big theatre screen, on which we watch a movie.

The fact that the sound comes from within the stereo set of the car is of particular note to me as I can control the volume as opposed to being in a cinema. I find that the person I am taking ...

• with to the drive-in really appreciates my gesture as it generally goes down a quite a creative date-activity, even though drive-ins are not completely new concepts.

parties.

I also like the fact that on Sundays they tend to make the prices even cheaper which means I can enjoy a movie anytime and I find it convenient that the surrounding refreshment shops are open till very late.

The Ster-Kinekor drive-in in Menlyn is a great place for me and makes for some good entertainment each and every time I go there. I also feel safe as the security is top notch.

bertie says :

where in jhb is there still drive-ins can you please let me now thanks Bertie

Lizelle van Tonder says :

Why is the Menlyn Drive-in website no longer working. I dont know how else to check what movies are showing.

Jules Li says :

Here is a link to the website: It seems to be working fine. It’s possible that it was a temporary issue.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592211520151230/k2311a1122/11.22.08