RYOBI 12 Volt cordless drill  » Housewares  »
  • I decided to go cordless on this one as I thought it would have obvious advantages for me and it does too as I can use it in the most awkward of places and positions without the inconvenience of having to plug it into a power supply all the time

• by Jayscribe

As a man, I do quite a lot of handy work in and around my house and one of my most expensive pieces of electronic hardware is my RYOBI cordless drill.

the time. I particularly find it useful for places like bathrooms as there are no plugs there and I would otherwise need to take the time to plug the drill into an outside power source by using an extension cord.

While the 12V drill that I have is powerful enough to do even the toughest of jobs, I have knowledge that there are even more powerful makes such as 14V and up to 18V drills of the same make.

The ...

• whole set was very useful to me as it comes with a whole lot of extra useful stuff. These include a tape measure, some marking sticks and about 10 different sizes of drill bits. The drill bits that come with the drill only worked on concrete when I used them and I had to buy separate drill bits for materials such as stainless steel and other metals.

My RYOBI cordless drill seems to be a great piece of electronic

hardware and is very useful for short jobs as I find the rechargeable battery cells to last about 40 minutes each on continuous use, but they do seem to lose a bit of torque as I use them. I find it of great value that there are two cells so this affords me enough time to complete whatever job I am busy with.

I also found that it takes longer to drill through metals and required slow and patient application.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532111520031130/k2311a1121/11.21.08