Kruger National Park  » Travel  »
Limpopo Province, South Africa
  • The biggest national park in South Africa, the Kruger National Park is definitely one of the greatest destinations the country has to offer
  • I had a fun filled time during my stay at one of the chaleighs at the Kruger National Park and this was a truly completing experience for me as I could hear the constant cries of all the wild animals during the night
  • I particularly enjoyed the long, slow safari trip drives in the hired jeep, with the driver completely at our beck and call

• by Jayscribe

The biggest national park in South Africa, the Kruger National Park is definitely one of the greatest destinations the country has to offer.

I had a fun filled time during my stay at one of the chaleighs at the Kruger National Park and this was a truly completing experience for me as I could hear the constant cries of all the wild animals during the night. The magnitude of the experience was amplified by the mere fact that I knew in my mind,

that these wild animals, including lions and cheetahs among other carnivorous ones, were literally within meters of where I was sleeping but could not do a single thing to me.

I stayed with my girlfriend for a whole week and this was more than enough time for us to explore every corner of the national park. I particularly enjoyed the long, slow safari trip drives in the hired jeep, with the driver completely at our beck and call. I loved taking pictures of ...

• all the animals going about their business in their natural habitat and they didn’t seem to be disturbed by our presence at all.

I had a choice between a number of different types of accommodation but chose the self-catering chaleigh to make sure that my girlfriend and I have the complete wildlife experience.

I was simply amazed by the way in which everything is set out as if to strike some sort of agreement of coexistence between the wild animals and us humans as

there were times when we literally sat at an outdoor table with monkeys for company.

What topped of the whole experience for me, and made me really feel as if I am alive were the early mornings during which we had coffee and rusks, while watching the sun rise and witness all the different sounds of the animals at their peak.

A truly humbling experience for me which is something I am definitely going to consider in the near future, and for years to come afterwards.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382111519740530/k2311a1121/11.21.08