Guangzhou Zoological Garden  » Travel  »
Guangzhou, China
  • When we went in, a man was offering a ride on his cart for 10 yuan each, but my friend and I refused and decided to take a stroll along the park, which was actually more of a hike because the park was huge---around 430,000 square meters, I learned

• by theredquill

I am not really a fan of zoos, because I get uncomfortble and all emotional when I see animals in cages. But when I was in Guangzhou, China, for a short vacation, my friend urged me to visit the Guangzhou Zoological Garden, or more popularly known as Guangzhou Zoo, because it supposedly houses more than 2,000 animals being the largest zoo in South China.

To honor my friend, I went anyway, and we paid 20 yuan each—not

bad. When we went in, a man was offering a ride on his cart for 10 yuan each, but my friend and I refused and decided to take a stroll along the park, which was actually more of a hike because the park was huge—around 430,000 square meters, I learned.

There were site maps everywhere that showed where we could find the animals according to their types. Bears were grouped as one, so were the lions and ...

• tigers, the monkeys, the birds, and so on. It was very organized. And we did not get lost. We were really amazed at the variety of wildlife in there. We saw giraffes, elephants, lions, camels, rhinos, hippos, flamingos, and the panda bear, among others. We also went to the Ocean World, where you could see a variety of marine life in the underwater tunnel. There was also a show by the dolphins. It was amazing!

When we got

tired, we just sat down in one of the many kiosks around the park and order some food in one of the canteens. The food there seemed a bit pricey than usual, but it’s expected. And yes, the toilets were clean, though you have to squat sincethey don’t have the regular toilet bowls we’re used to.

I was glad my friend took me there. It had been both and educational and pleasure tour for both of us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382111519330430/k2311a1121/11.21.08