Busch Gardens Williamsburg VA
Busch Gardens, Wiliamsburg, Virginia
  • This has held true for many years, I hope I don't jinx it

• by Annie G

Are you going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg soon? Our family lives in Chesapeake about an hour away and the whole family has a blast. Not many places where small kids and teenagers can have a great time playing. Makes it much easier on Mom and Dad. No one will want to go home!

I wouldn’t show up at the park without tickets. There are so many discounts available. Try AAA if you are a member, or other discount site before you come. We are military so we purchased ours through the MWR office, well worth the time. Now, if your company springs for a day at the park,
      be sure to look into converting your day ticket to a season pass…which is cheaper than once you leave!

Before entering the park, we feed our kids well. This way we can keep our out of pocket money down because it is very expensive to eat inside the park. There are many fast food places around the same exit to the park. Personally, this McDonalds was too dirty for us but Wendys, Subway and others are just down the road.

Once inside the park you will find that there are wonderful rollercoasters all over the park. This is a must do if you love to be flipped and dropped.

• The new Griffen is particularly cool. Young children will love the Land of the Dragons where they can climb on all the ropes and slides and it is surrounded by the kiddie rides. Great photo op area too.

Don’t waste money buying water there. It isn’t advertised, but you can walk up to any concession stand and simply ask for ice water, and it is free! This is because since it is so hot, they don’t want people to get dehydrated…not sure why they don’t have signs then…but in any event, take advantage of ice water regularly throughout the park.

My neighbor brings those individual packages of powdered drinks and mixes them in the ice water and ‘vola, ready for action.

If really are going to come back again and again, then the gold pass will save you money by having free parking. Otherwise it is another 10 bucks…or even 12 this year.

Believe it or not, going on a Monday holiday there are no lines. This has held true for many years, I hope I don’t jinx it. Labor day or Memorial day when most people I suppose are having their own backyard events, we head to Busch Gardens. Have been able to walk right on to all the rides. Hope you enjoy yourself at Busch Gardens.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382011518850730/k2311a1120/11.20.08