Cape Town Fish Market  » Restaurants  »
Festival Mall, Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa
  • The only seafood I was ever inclined to eating was fish and as a very choosy person when it comes to the food I eat, all these things like calamari, crab, prawns, oysters and other seafood types were never things I thought I would ever put into my mouth
  • I couldn't really bring myself to go beyond crabs and I stuck to the more conventional foodstuffs that I know, and luckily for me, chicken was in fact on the menu
  • My overall experience at this restaurant was quite an elegant one and I really, really love the setting and ambience of the restaurant
  • I found the waiters to be really friendly and they conducted themselves in a professional manner and I noticed that all of them that I caught sight of were very neat indeed

• by Jayscribe

The only seafood I was ever inclined to eating was fish and as a very choosy person when it comes to the food I eat, all these things like calamari, crab, prawns, oysters and other seafood types were never things I thought I would ever put into my mouth. I always say, “If it tastes like chicken then give me chicken!”.

It was not until I visited the local seafood restaurant, Cape Town Fish Market that I tried seafood in its variety, beyond the conventional fish.

I couldn’t really bring myself to go beyond crabs and I stuck to the more conventional foodstuffs that I know, and luckily for me, chicken was in fact on the menu.

My overall experience at this restaurant was

quite an elegant one and I really, really love the setting and ambience of the restaurant. The place was a little dark and there was a considerable amount of blue, which is my favorite color as it gives me a feeling of bliss and puts me in a very relaxed state of mind. This really made me enjoy my stay at the restaurant and the food quality complemented this beautifully.

Since I am rather conservative when it comes to the type of food I eat, and with my reluctance to venturing further across the seafood barrier than fish, I ordered a great meal consisting out of “Harumuki”, which is a Japanese type dish and basically is spring rolls that are deep fried ...

• and contain a variety of fillings I could choose from. This is served with a sweet chilli sauce and makes for a divine meal. My filling of choice was chicken and I went as far as exploring some crab and cheese as a filling as well. I must say that I was not scared to try out crab as I have had some before and found it not to be too bad. I loved the complementing taste of the chilli sauce as it really brought out the taste for me and thought that the menu designers did a great job in identifying this possible collaboration.

I noticed that all of them that I caught sight of were very neat indeed.

Of all the restaurants I have been to, I found the Cape Town Fish Market to be the most professionally run of them all and there was always a sense of great organization in every aspect.

I did find it to be rather expensive though, but that was nothing less than what I had expected as a restaurant that specializes in seafood is expected to be quite expensive. I did feel that there was great value that I was getting for my money and the very polished service of the waiter that was serving me caused me to give the biggest tip I can remember ever giving in my life.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72011518510630/k2311a1120/11.20.08