British Airways  » Airlines  »
  • As an alternative to using the South African Airways airline, which I usually do, I decided to explore the services provided by the British Airways
  • My expectation of a rather compromised experience with the British Airways as opposed to the South African Airways did not stem from any idea that I was undermining the services of the British Airways, but from the fact that South African Airways is the major Airline in the country, naturally, and that would put all other airlines in a less advantageous position and hinder their ability to provide better services
  • In fact, I was really impressed with the general manner in which everything surrounding the passengers is run

• by Jayscribe

As an alternative to using the South African Airways airline, which I usually do, I decided to explore the services provided by the British Airways.

I was only taking a relatively short flight of about 45 minutes, to the coast, so since I had expected worse than I usually get, I would only have to endure it for a short period of time.

that I was undermining the services of the British Airways, but from the fact that South African Airways is the major Airline in the country, naturally, and that would put all other airlines in a less advantageous position and hinder their ability to provide better services.

With this in mind, I embarked on my flight in the first class and was rather pleasantly surprised to find that the services of the British Airways are actually very good, and I deduced that this comes from the fact that the British Airways would welcome any customers they got and would like to make a lasting impression on them in order for them to be considered in the future.

Therefore, I personally would much rather prefer to use the British Airways when traveling within South Africa as I get the sense that South African Airways, knowing that they provide most of the flight services in South Africa at any given time, tend to have some sort of leverage to provide compromised services. Sometimes the only ...

• British Airways
      available service is that of the South African Airways, for local flights and this gives them even more leverage to slack off in the customer service.

As for the flight experience with the British Airways, I felt as if I was flying in an older plane than what I am used to, for some reason, but it wasn’t at all bad. In fact, I was really impressed with the general manner in which everything surrounding the passengers is run. I tried out some of the food

and found it not to be as bad as I had come to expect from airline food. The on board staff, from the air hostesses to the pilots were very friendly and welcoming.

I liked the fact that the toilets were spotless and got the sense that a lot of effort was regularly put into making sure they were always clean.

Generally, I was happy with the overall experience of a British Airways flight and would consider using this airline in the future, if it is available.

British Airways

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402011518500630/k2311a1120/11.20.08