Movie Homocide  » Movies  »
0.5
  • Since I am not Jewish, I found it difficult to care for their plight or see it any different than the anti Italian, anti Mexican, or anti anything else sentiment in the USA
  • I felt that I was forced to feel regret for the way that nationalities are treated in the US

• by Manolo

Homicide with Joe Mantegna and Bill Macy. I do not believe that this movie made the big screen as it was pretty cheesy. It focuses on two crimes in New York City. One was a black cop killer who only needed to be located.

The other was an old Jewish storekeeper woman in a black neighborhood. Mantegna is Bob Gold and his partner, Bill Macy, is Sullivan.

Together they form the bond held closely by veteran homicide cops.

For some reason the halting manner of speaking that Mantegna uses in his portrayals sets the tone for the slow action. He is called the talking man. If that is supposed to interest us the director is sorely mistaken.

The other angle of the movie is the discussion of the anti Semitic sentiment in the USA. Since I am not Jewish, I found it difficult to care for their plight or see it any different than the anti Italian, anti Mexican, or anti anything else sentiment in the USA. The actors were so phony in this movie that I felt like it was an amateur job.

Inspector Gold plays an honest cop who has played down his Jewish ties. As a cop he proclaims, That’s the job we were given to do.

• Movie Homocide
      We’re the garbage men.

He is asked whether he has the pride to do his job. I felt liking punching out these rich people when they said this to him. There is some mystery generated in the film as he finds a photo hidden behind another photo.

Then he finds a strange word written on a scrap of paper found at the scene of a crime. We hear about the Zonder

Commandos and about stolen machine guns that were shipped out of the US to Israel. Finally Gold breaks down and cries for help.

He wants to be someone. He wants an identity. The ending is kind of weird and abrupt after such a slow moving movie.

I felt that I was forced to feel regret for the way that nationalities are treated in the US. I felt that this movie was a total bust.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111911518110730/k2311a1119/11.19.08