Fujitsu Lifebook C2220  » Laptops  »
  • I bought this laptop more than 4 years ago for my university's final year project
  • The laptop hard disk and everything are still running perfectly fine and I never have any problem with the laptop

• by honest.guy

I bought this laptop more than 4 years ago for my university’s final year project. In order to develop the big Human Resource portal application, I was required to install several memory intensive applications such as Application Server, Database server, and programming compiler. And I also needed a stable and lasting laptop even if I need to pay a little more.

That’s why I went for Fujitsu Lifebook and at that time, there was a promotion going on. I bought this laptop for around RM 5000 (around USD $ 1470).

The laptop comes with Mobile Pentium 4-M 2.4 GHz. I didn’t opt for the new Centrino chip because it was not very stable back then. Furthermore, the Fujitsu agent actually gave me a free Wireless Adapter. I

don’t need the Centrino to go wireless with this laptop. The 2.4 GHz processor is also fast enough for me to do my work. And since I treat this laptop more like a portable desktop, I didn’t care much about the battery life (though I actually tested it could last around 2 to 3 hours. Now, it is more like 20 minutes to 40 minutes, which is still quite good for a battery which is 4 years old).

The 512 MB DDR SDRAM memory is not sufficient for me to do my work. I upgraded it to 512 MB (the maximum allowed for the main board is 768 MB), which is sufficient. The 60GB is quite okay since I also have a desktop with me at that ...

• time. The display is a 15 inch TFT screen which is perfect for me to do my programming work. Too big and it’ll end up being too heavy but too small, and my eyes will suffer from all those small letters.

Microsoft Windows XP Home came with this laptop but I changed it to XP Professional since I needed the Microsoft IIS application server.

The sound card and ATI Radeon graphic card are pretty good at that time. I could even play some decent PC games with the laptop without suffering any lag. There are also few quick buttons for you to customize. Need to open that notepad fast? Assign it to one of the buttons. Simple as that.

However, this laptop is not without weaknesses. The

design is solid and stunning especially with the silver colour but this laptop is bulky. It is also very heavy at around 3.7 KG, due to its large screen, DVD drive and floppy diskette drive. Last but not least, the laptop is quite pricey since you can easily get another laptop with better specifications with this price. It is, after all, Fujitsu.

Overall, I really love this laptop. It is very lasting. Even after nearly 5 years, the laptop screen is still very clear with only a few dead pixels. The laptop hard disk and everything are still running perfectly fine and I never have any problem with the laptop. Maybe that’s why Fujitsu is one of the laptop brands with the least complaints (except for its price).

the V says :

looking for software for my c2220 drivers for dial up modem and monitor display drivers

Jules Li says :

You can locate all drivers by going to fujitsu-pc-asia.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631911518060730/k2311a1119/11.19.08