Green Meadows Petting Farm, Kissimmee, FL  » Travel  »
1368 South Poinciana Blvd., Kissimmee, FL
  • I noticed that in October, they are letting every child pick a pumpkin from their pumpkin patch to take home

• by Why Georgia

When I had family visiting from out of state and they had done all the Disney, Universal and Sea world attractions, they were looking for something a little quieter and cheaper in the Orlando/Kissimmee area to do where they might be less squabbling and more smiling.

I happened to think of a place that I had picked up a brochure for awhile back when I was in Orlando for my daughter’s wedding. The place is called “Green Meadows Farm” and it’s a family run attraction that is in Kissimmee.

It is a farm that offers a two hour tour of their working farm and the opportunity to see and learn all about their 300 or more animals as well as the opportunity to pet them. Now that is one heck of a decent size petting zoo if you ask me!

They have a little bit of everything! They have Cows, Turkeys, Ducks, Chickens, Goats, Pigs, Geese,

Horses, Donkeys, Sheep and a Zorse! Yes, that’s right, I said a Zorse. And his name is Tigger!

The kids absolutely adore this place and you get a two hour tour but are welcome to take as long as you like. We brought a picnic with us and there are several places around the farm that you can stop and have your lunch.

They have pony rides for the kids and my niece and nephew adored that! They both left the farm begging my brother for a pony. Hey, I said I could get them away from the zooey theme parks for the day, I did not promise to stop their children from constant whining and nagging forever!

Everyone is offered the chance to milk a cow. This was a lot of funny and brought about fits of laughter when my brother attempted to do so and couldn’t keep his composure! They ...

• also have the kids all try to be the first to run and catch a duck or a goose. What a riot seeing all these little kids running here and there chasing after these terrified ducks and geese!

They also do a tractor pulled Hay ride around the farm that the kids seemed to love. There is also a train that goes around the property that is called “The Green Meadows Express”. Too cute for words is all I can say!

My little nephew is just under two and we decided he was better off doing this tour in one of their little red wagons that they provide when you arrive for the little farmers that find it a little hard to keep up with the older farmers!

Many times when you come here, you get an opportunity to see baby farm animals too. Different times of the year they offer little surprises. I noticed that in October, they

are letting every child pick a pumpkin from their pumpkin patch to take home.

Really nice old fashioned fun and a great way to spend a half day when you’ve had it with the Theme park madness and want to do something a little more real and peaceful! It costs $21 to get in if you are 3 and up. $19 if you’re a Florida resident and under 2 is free. You can always find a coupon for a couple dollars off your admission in almost any Best Read guide or other tourist information book or newspaper. They also have one on their web site most every time I’ve looked.

The people on the farm that do the tours are very friendly, very informative and super patient with the kids that visit. You don’t need to take my word for it. Just grab your son or daughter, niece or nephew, Grandkids or even the neighbor’s kids and GO!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381811516910730/k2311a1118/11.18.08