ClueFinders Math Adventures
  • Ages 9 - 12+ Mystery of the Himalayas Deluxe 2 CD set Cost $5.00 - $6.00 Publisher
  • I found a few, but nothing that worked as well as ClueFinders Math Adventures
  • I was so pleased with the 5th grade version that I bought the Mystery Mansion Arcade Strategy Games and the Himalayas mystery for my daughter
  • I like the fact that I can see her skills improve as she moves through the game
  • This game is so cleverly developed that my daughter does not realize that it is teaching her the basics of algebra and geometry, fractions, decimals, tables, graphs, number computation, and even problem solving

• by gracepub
      ClueFinders Math Adventures: Ages 9 - 12+ Mystery of the Himalayas Deluxe 2 CD set Cost $5 - $6 Publisher: The Learning Company

I home schooled my son, so I was always looking for good software to teach math skills. I found a few, but nothing that worked as well as >ClueFinders Math Adventures. This software is available in computer stores, office supply stores, and you can buy the CDs online at the publisher’s web site.

I was so pleased with the 5th grade version that I bought the Mystery Mansion Arcade Strategy Games and the Himalayas mystery for my daughter. >The Mystery of the

Himalayas lets children join the ClueFinders team of children take an adventure into the Himalayas to discover an ancient village that has been robbed.

Their treasures are disappearing day by day. The child must investigate suspicious villagers and search the mountains and village to solve the mystery.

There are some sections of the quest that are difficult for my 10 year old daughter. I finish these parts for her and then let her do what she can.

When she has gone as far as she can, she opens a new account and starts the adventure over again. I like the fact that ...

• I can see her skills improve as she moves through the game.

This game is so cleverly developed that my daughter does not realize that it is teaching her the basics of algebra and geometry, fractions, decimals, tables, graphs, number computation, and even problem solving. The game includes 15 interactive activities and more than 50 000 math problems that cover 25 skills.

Each skill has 10 levels making it possible for all math levels to have fun. This variation also prevents the game from seeming like the same thing repeated over and over.

The award winning educational series that includes the >Mystery

of the Himalayas can be found at www. cluefinders.

com. The main advantage to this game is that parents do not need to understand the math concepts taught to help their children finish the course.

But, you will need a Windows 98 or later. However any Pentium computer with only 32 meg ram and 100MB of disk space, and 16 bit color with an 8x CD rom can run this program.

Or, to put it in layman’s terms, if you bought an old computer with Windows 93, and it can be linked to the internet and it has a CD rom driver - your child can play this game.

zuper says :

how do we play

Jules Li says :

This is a very general question so I hope I understand it correctly. You will have to purchase the CD set to play. You can purchase it from ClueFinders website, or you can purchase it from Amazon.com.

Galega says :

First of all you are required to insert the CD, or install the software on your computer. Now, you need to solve the mystery. When you click on the Play New Game, you will be given a mystery. You need to solve that by applying aptitude. The mystery demands some mathematical skills from your side. You have got your basic mathematics clear, you can solve mysteries and go the next level. Every next level will show up with a deeper mystery requiring tough mathematics skills from your part.

Sylvia Ropp says :

I cannot figure out what materials all of the objects are made of. For instance, the clue might be the object is made of gold. Is the gong gold? Does the necklace count as gold? Also when they say the shape is round, does the trumpet count or the bowl? These problems are frustrating because after narrowing everything down, I have had to start over because there are no descriptions of the objects.

Galega says :

It happens with the higher level. Sometimes, you have to made calculated guesses, and you are also required to keep an eye on all clues coming before you. Actually, if you look at the surrounding of the entire user interface, you will always find a credible clues. I have played this game with my nephew and never found any material without any clues. I know it is really tough to play it as you go up the higher level.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5010551691131/k2311a051/5.1.06