Super Flea and Farmer’s Market, Melbourne, FL  » Travel  »
4835 West Eau Gallie Blvd., Melbourne, FL
  • It is the first place I think of when I need something to go with my husband's or my cell phones
  • They have the best prices on leather cases, chargers, hands free sets etc. It beats paying retail at the Dealer's or even at discount places like Walmart
  • I will however say that I would recommend you avoid buying luggage here
  • I've also been pretty impressed with the extent of the selection of produce here
  • I know when we last went they had the Big Cat Rescue group there with their endangered cats that are often seen at fairs and festivals around Florida as well as at their regular location in Tampa, FL

• by Why Georgia

Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, in Brevard County off the Eau Galee exit of I-95, they have a Flea and Farmer’s Market. It’s open all year from 9-4.

We try to get there at least 3-4 times throughout the year to check it out and see what is new. While much of it is the same vendors week after week, they often get new things in and hold events there that make it something different each time we go.

They have everything imaginable for sale here. It is the first place I think of when I need something to go with my husband’s or my cell phones. They have the best prices on leather cases, chargers, hands free sets etc. It beats paying retail at the Dealer’s or even at discount places like Walmart.

I will however say that I would recommend you avoid buying luggage here. We got suckered into buying a set of luggage here and on the very first trip we took with it, it literally came apart at the seams! It’s a popular vendor too and you see lots of people buying luggage from here.

Now I tend to do my luggage shopping off of Ebays.com online. Huge selection and varying degrees of quality and price, but all with a money back guarantee.

They sell T-shirts of every kind you can think of here, from Florida T-shirts to Disney T-shirts to funny ones with imaginative and creative sayings.

I’ve bought “As seen on TV” things here for way less than the original advertised price, kitchen wares, wallets, handbags, pet supplies, books, CD’s, DVD’s, jewelry, incense, and Dollar Store junk.

We also like to hit the area where they have the Farmer’s Market. You do have to be careful because sometimes the heat of the day gets to the produce and it ends up looking less than fresh, but if you get there on Friday or even Saturday, you can get some really good prices on some of the local fresh produce and it’s way better than anything you’re going to find at Publix or Winn Dixie or any grocery store for that matter.

I’ve also been pretty impressed with the extent of the selection of produce here. They often have things that I haven’t even seen for ...

• sale in my local grocery store and not only do they carry them, but they are grown locally and they are fresh.

My husband likes to look through their tools, knives and electronics. Another section I usually buy from is the Spice department. Great prices and a good way to stock up your kitchen.

The Flea and Farmer’s Market also has food and drinks available. They have everything from Pizza to BBQ to Burgers, fries, and ice cream.

It’s usually pretty warm there if you go anytime from May to September. I recommend that you wear comfortable shoes, and bring a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated. It can also get pretty crowded depending on what is going on there of a week.

They are always having events and exhibits that draw more people. They currently have a Reptile Exhibit with Alligators and you can get your picture taken with a gator. I know when we last went they had the Big Cat Rescue group there with their endangered cats that are often seen at fairs and festivals around Florida as well as at their regular location in

Tampa, FL. They also have pony rides and they often have live bands playing.

I’ve sometimes thought of becoming a vendor here and have gone so far as to send for the vendor information packet, but I can’t really fathom spending my weekends sitting in a dusty, hot flea market maybe selling enough to break even or better or maybe not. I guess I’m not much of a risk taker! I’d rather sell on the Internet in the comfort of my air conditioned own home.

A word to the wise, some of the vendors are selling a product that cleans something. They tend to call you over and then do a demonstration and give you a hard sell. If you see them calling you, look the other way or do what I do and just smile and shake your head “no”. I hate hard sell techniques and I hate people pestering me when I simply want to peruse things I’m interested in!

It’s free to park and free to get in. It’s a good way to spend a weekend afternoon and sometimes, you really find some bargains!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381811516890730/k2311a1118/11.18.08