Yamaha DJX keyboard
  • One thing that I like and dislike about the keyboard is the recording function
  • I bought the DJX keyboard shortly after it came out on the market-primarily to explore some pre-production options, and maybe even brush up on my piano chops (like I ever really ahd any)

• by Famous
      This keyboard was produced in 1998, and was one of Yamaha’s first keyboards to focus explicitly on re-creating DJ, club, dance, and hip hop sounds. As you scroll through the many pre-programmed beats in the machine, you’ll hear samples of “Lady” (D’Angelo), “Rapper’s Delight”, and even a beat used by the R&B artist, Case. Many of these beats sound “manufactured”-but the keyboard has a feature which allows you to pull apart the

preprogrammed beats, piece by piece and add your own touches.

Using this method, endless percussion sequences can be exacted. One thing that I like and dislike about the keyboard is the recording function.

The Yamaha DJX has (6) tracks which can store sounds, so that you can record songs within the machine’s memory. Much to my chagrin, I discovered that if you record a song, and then disconnect the adapter cord ...

• from the machine, it erases any songs that were stored.

I don’t know why this occurs. But it’s incredibly disheartening.

I bought the DJX keyboard shortly after it came out on the market-primarily to explore some pre-production options, and maybe even brush up on my “piano chops” (like I ever really ahd any). At any rate, after I began composing music on my acoustic guitar, I started using the keyboard’s drum kits

to craft the foundation of songs.

I find that the DJX is excellent for creating unique sound effects. It’s a fairly simple machine to use-but has many complex features such as sampling ability and MIDI connections.

I’m pretty certain that Yamaha is not manufacturing this particular model anymore. But I’ve had it for years, and still find it of great value.

More recent models, I’m sure will have improved features.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1410551641031/k2311a051/5.1.06