MASH: Requiem for a Lightweight  » TV  »
2.5
  • I think this was an effort to steal some of the cheating antics from the movie but, in the movie, they were doing it in a football game where someone being drugged up would look like an injury
  • You can't tell me nobody noticed that sergeant being knocked out without even getting punched

• by Steve

I usually like watching episodes of the classic show MASH. But, the episode Requiem for a Lightweight is one I’m not a huge fan of.

This is the episode that features Trapper getting involved in a boxing match with a giant sergeant from another MASH unit in an effort to keep a nurse

from being transferred out of the 4077th.

While I will admit the episode is somewhat funny, I have to say there are a bunch of problems with it that make me feel they rushed the story a bit too much.

First, Trapper is a surgeon, considering in other episodes the doctors aren’t even ...

• allowed to do as much as change a tire, I have a hard time believing they would let one of their surgeons risk breaking his hand doing something stupid like fighting.

Second is that whole thing involving putting ether on the glove.

I think this was an effort to steal some of the

cheating antics from the movie but, in the movie, they were doing it in a football game where someone being drugged up would look like an injury.

You can’t tell me nobody noticed that sergeant being knocked out without even getting punched.

Not my favorite episode and one I think actually detracts from everything great this show did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101711515890330/k2311a1117/11.17.08