The Day the Earth Stood Still  » Movies  »
1.0
  • I mean, his tour of Washington DC with that kid was just sad
  • Yes, we know Abraham Lincoln was a great leader and it was sad so many people get killed in wars

• by Steve

OK, when I watch a science fiction movie, I expect space aliens to be aggressive and to desire taking over our planet. I don’t want them to come here to be our friends (unless of course that happens in real life).

That’s why the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still ended up being such

a disappointment.

You would think a movie that has an outstanding flying saucer (considering the time this film was made) and a giant, indestructible robot with the capability of melting tanks would have a bit more action.

Instead, you have a friendly alien who is here to convince us to give up our violent ways.

...

• He even looks like us.

Come on now; couldn’t you afford some alien make up or something?

I mean, his tour of Washington DC with that kid was just sad.

Yes, we know Abraham Lincoln was a great leader and it was sad so many people get killed in wars.

But, we don’t need an

alien to tell us that.

What am I watching, a sci fi movie or a documentary.

Obviously, you have that whole Earth Standing still part toward the end.

But, even that was a bit lame considering he’s doing it so he’s not hurting anyone.

Quite simply, this movie doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as other sci fi movies.

The Day the Earth Stood Still

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111711515770330/k2311a1117/11.17.08