Star Trek: Generations  » Movies  »
2.0
  • It was an OK film but I think other Star Trek movies, both earlier and later were a lot better

• by Steve

I was never a huge Star Trek the Next Generation fan until I was in college and I had a roommate get me hooked on it. So, when the movie Star Trek: Generations came out, I didn’t make a whole of effort to see it.

After seeing it a couple times recently, I will

say it’s not one of my favorite Star Trek movies.

The plot itself is OK.

You have a mad man seeking to return to some dimensional land where you have eternal happiness (who wouldn’t) and you have a good mix of action and adventure along with a decision nobody would want to make.

But,

• the whole point of the movie was to bridge the gap between traditional Star Trek fans and those who loved the next generation show.

And, the way they decided to do that was to bring in William Shatner as Captain James T.

Kirk.

This, in itself was a great idea.

But, by the time

they bring Kirk back, the movie is almost over.

I mean, what’s the point.

Why not bring him back sooner rather than just in a cameo.

It was an OK film but I think other Star Trek movies, both earlier and later were a lot better.

If you watch this, you have to be a true fan to tolerate it.

Star Trek: Generations

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111711515710330/k2311a1117/11.17.08