Sydney White  » Movies  »
  • While I enjoyed the movie, I will admit I'm not a huge fan of Bynes
  • Still, as far as movies are concerned, this did turn out to be entertaining and I would definitely recommend watching it

• by Steve

I had heard of the movie Sydney White but never made an effort to watch it until yesterday. I have to admit it was a cute movie.

Amanda Bynes stars in the comedy, which is a modern day rendition of

Snow White and the 7 dwarves.

Only, it takes place on a college campus and rather than living with dwarves, Sydney finds herself an outcast living with 7 geeks.

Sara Paxton steals the show a bit in the movie, playing the evil sorority sister who obsesses over being the hottest student in a daily Myspace contest and hopes to maintain her student council presidency when White and her new friends look to overthrow the government.

While I enjoyed the movie,

• Sydney White
      I will admit I’m not a huge fan of Bynes.

In fact, I find her quite annoying at times; especially when her character was attempting to be funny.

Also, the movie does rely heavily on traditional college stereotypes.

In other

words, if he’s a jock, he’s a jerk.

If she’s a sorority sister, she only cares about her appearance and popularity, nothing else.

It’s been done.

Still, as far as movies are concerned, this did turn out to be entertaining and I would definitely recommend watching it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111711515690330/k2311a1117/11.17.08