Apple iPod Classic Second Generation 120GB  » Electronics  »
  • Even if you have only 20GB it is still the best, as you are not going to be restricted to what you can have on it and you will still have the ability to expand the library without the worry of having to upgrade to more storage
  • Unfortunately with the experience of the one that I have at the moment, the click wheel seems to be a little bit unresponsive, and you find yourself moving round and round the wheel with no movement around the interface
  • You will find that when you have a look at some of the images of the Classic, you think eww that is so big and chunky I don't like it But don't worry this is not the case, I was thinking the same, but when I got mine I was pleasantly surprised
  • I would however stress that it would be very ideal to get some form of case for the iPod, as unfortunately it can be easily scratched, and it's not very nice having a new gadget covered in scratches
  • If you would like an iPod that is decent sized, stores everything that you have, and is very simple and intuitive to use, then I highly recommend you get this one, You really will not be disappointed, everyone that I have told about the iPod classic, they have all gone and got one themselves

• by Ben Greenslade

The all new Apple iPod Classic 120GB is the daddy of all the new iPod models. Giving you in effect unlimited storage so that you can take your music library with you everywhere. This iPod is ideal for those who have a very large library of music, videos, and photos. Even if you have only 20GB it is still the best, as you are not going to be restricted to what you can have on it and you will still have the ability to expand the library without the worry of having to upgrade to more storage. The iPod Classic in reality is the iPod that started it all, making them more and more popular as new versions of the same product were released.

It still has the world famous click wheel interface, with a large and bright 2. 5″ Screen, really clear and easy for everyone to see. Unfortunately with the experience of the one that I have at the moment, the click wheel seems to be a little bit unresponsive, and you find yourself moving round and round the wheel with no movement around the interface. Having said that you get used to it after a while and it does not really become a nuisance.

You will have to take into consideration that the

iPod Classic is the only current iPod model which is based on a hard drive, and not a solid state drive which you can find on the iPod Nano and iPod Touch. Having a hard drive is ok, but another slight downside is that the navigation through cover flow can be a little slow, as the iPod has to scan around the hard drive to get the album artwork etc. Never mind, after all at least you get the high capacity which is a big bonus with me. I would rather have a large capacity with slow navigation, than one which is fast to move around on but does not hold all of my collection.

Navigation around the iPod really cannot be much simpler, you simply move your finger round in a circle motion to move the cursor up and down on the menus, and you then just press the middle button to click on anything that is selected. It is really easy, even your grandma could use it without having any problems. The iPod Classic is available in only 2 colours. Black and Silver.

To be honest these are the better looking colours, as they look cool, and are clean and professional looking. The best colour for me is the Black, can’t really say why, but I ...

• just enjoy the look of that one rather than the silver one. The second generation iPod Classic is also only available in the one capacity of 120GB, no more 80GB or 160GB models. I am myself was very surprised to the fact that the new 120GB Model is literally the same thickness of that of the previous 80GB Model.

You will find that when you have a look at some of the images of the Classic, you think “eww that is so big and chunky I don’t like it” But don’t worry this is not the case, I was thinking the same, but when I got mine I was pleasantly surprised. Sure it is thicker than all the other models, but its thinner to what is portrayed, especially if you think about what is inside it. The height of the device is also a lot smaller than what you think. Just a little bit longer than the current iPod nano.

The overall design of the iPod is very clean, simple and yet classic (hence the name) It looks the same as previous versions of the same iPod, over the years, it’s just had a little refreshed colour and the overall thing just made a little smaller. The body of the iPod is still made with a nice metal

case, which makes it look more robust and is not always prone to as much scratches to what the old models used to be like. I would however stress that it would be very ideal to get some form of case for the iPod, as unfortunately it can be easily scratched, and it’s not very nice having a new gadget covered in scratches. This iPod costs £179 at most retailers, understandably it does sound like a lot of money, but I can assure you it is worth the money, the money that I spent was well worth the cost, I do not know now How I would live without my iPod.

I have had hours of enjoyment out of it. In conclusion I would say that now I will find it very hard to go back to other models such as the Nano or the Touch. The Classic has simply ticked all the boxes for me, and I would say that people will not be disappointed should they ever decide to get one. If you would like an iPod that is decent sized, stores everything that you have, and is very simple and intuitive to use, then I highly recommend you get this one, You really will not be disappointed, everyone that I have told about the iPod classic, they have all gone and got one themselves.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161711515350230/k2311a1117/11.17.08