Lucky Litter Scoop Free self cleaning litter box
  • I would recommed a self cleaning box, as I have owned others that I preferred but that eventually broke down, I just don't think I'd recommend this one

• by hrsburton

At $140, I was expecting a great product that lived up to its claims when I purchased this from a major pet product retailer early in 2008.

The Scoop Free box, which is plugged into an electrical outlet, uses of a large square carboard tray you fill with crystal cat litter and place beneath the litter “box.” The box has a motorized “scooper” which works on a sensor, starting up 20 minutes after your cat leaves the box, or by the push of a button. The litter

tray magnetically attaches itself to the lid of the compartment where waste is scooped and stored. You can purchase individual refill trays next to where you purchase the box itself.

The pros of this product are that yes, you can go some time without throwing out the litter, and for the most part, the product functions as advertised. The refill trays also come with a package of litter to place in them, so you don’t have to buy additional litter.

The cons of this product, and there are many,

• are that when the makers of the product decided to advertise that you could go 30 days with a tray for one cat, they must have drawn this conclusion using a small kitten. My one-year-old cat goes through one of these expensive $15 trays in less than three weeks, which gets pricey.

You have to use crystal type litter in the box, which can result in a waste of over one hundred dollars if you get the Scoop Free home and your cat does not like or

has trouble adjusting to the litter. We are still having issues getting out cat to “like” the Fresh Step crystal litter provided in the kit.

It’s still messy. You will still end up with a ton of litter spilling out of the tray, and a mess to clean up, when the purpose is supposed to be easily toss and replace the tray.

I would recommed a self cleaning box, as I have owned others that I preferred but that eventually broke down, I just don’t think I’d recommend this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291711515340230/k2311a1117/11.17.08