Philtranco Bus Company  » General services  »
Philippines
  • Whenever I travel I always try to avoid taking the bus because of my horrible experiences in the past
  • The taxi ride, which took around 15 minutes, cost me PHP80

• by theredquill

Whenever I travel I always try to avoid taking the bus because of my horrible experiences in the past. I got ripped off by porters and even vendors in the crowded terminal, and at one time I lost my cellphone to a pickpocket (I presumed). I always hate the noise and and the combination of smells that never failed to make me nauseous.

But one time I had no choice but to take the bus to take me to Clark International Airport. I did a thorough research and decided to take a Philtranco bus because of its good track record and because it’s been operating for decades now (so they must know how to take care of

their customers).

When I arrived in Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA3), I immediately took a cab to Philtranco’s terminal in Pasay. The taxi ride, which took around 15 minutes, cost me PHP80. When I got off the taxi, a Philtranco attendant in white uniform greeted me and offered to take my luggage, which I refused because I was afraid I was going to get ripped off by some porter again. But he took my bag anyway and led me to ticket counter. I reached out for a PHP20 bill from my pocket and handed it to the attendant but he politely refused it and pointed to the “No Tipping Allowed Sign” on the counter. I couldn’t ...

• believe my eyes!

The lady at the counter promptly issued me by ticket (they call it boarding pass), and instructed me to wait at the pre-departure area, which was air-conditioned and surprisingly clean for a bus terminal. I was really amazed by how neat and orderly things were in that Philtranco terminal. There were “No Smoking” signs everywhere so I didn’t have to worry about the smoke. And there were no people pushing each other and no long lines because they had around 4 counters serving passengers. It was almost like an airport.

Anyway, after thirty minutes of waiting, I was onboard the Philtranco bus, which was clean and smelled fresh, though there was not enough

legroom between the seats. I arrived in Clark twenty minutes before the expected arrival time, so it was great.

When I came back from my international travel, my flight landed in Clark Airport at around 8:40 p.m. and I cleared Immigration and Customs at around 9:30 already. I was worrying that I couldn’t catch the last Philtranco bus to Manila. But viola, the Philtranco ticket counter was still open and the lady at the booth told me that the bus was just waiting for all the passengers of that last flight to get off the airport. I arrived in Manila safe and sound at 11 p.m. I was really glad I took Philtranco. It made my trip seamless and unforgetable.

Luisa says :

Magkano po ang pamasahi from Butuan City to Pasay? Anong oras po ang alis sa Butuan at what day and time darating ng pasay po? Does it includes the food na? Need your answer very urgent. . .Thanks.

Kay says :

hi Luisa. Pasay/Cubao to Butuan php 1,970-Non aircon bus only, included 2 ferry fare, I don’t know if it includes the food, so it’s better to give them a call. 02-851-8078 to 79.
    Hope this helps.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251711515220230/k2311a1117/11.17.08